Daniel | Williams & Associates P.L.L.C
Website Privacy Statement
(Updated December 2010)
Welcome, and thank you for visiting www.danielwilliamslaw.com (the “Daniel | Williams Site” or “Site”) which is owned and operated by Daniel | Williams & Associates P.L.L.C.
Please read the Privacy Statement carefully before using this Site.
a) Applicability of this Privacy Statement
1. Scope. This Privacy Statement applies to information Daniel | Williams collects from users of the Daniel | Williams Site. It does not apply to information received by Daniel | Williams from you in the course of an attorney-client relationship, or received or collected by Daniel | Williams offline or through any other means.
2. Individual User Information. If you are a client of Daniel | Williams, we protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with the applicable professional standards of conduct. However, if you choose to submit personal information to Daniel | Williams through the Daniel | Williams Site (for example, to sign up to receive Daniel | Williams publications), we will store and use that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement unless you notify us otherwise as described below.
3. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy. The Daniel | Williams Site is not directed to, nor intended for use by, minors. If Daniel | Williams becomes aware that it received personal information of minors, it will delete that information.
4. Third Party Sites. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to information you submit to websites not controlled by Daniel | Williams, even if linked to the Daniel | Williams Site, including third party providers of webinar services offered to users of the Daniel | Williams Site. You should read and understand the privacy policies applicable to such third party sites and service providers
b) Information we collect and how we use it
In general, you may use the Daniel | Williams Site without providing any information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). However, as described in greater detail below, you may choose to provide Personal Information to us. In addition, we will store and use information about you, including information about where and when you browse our website (“Visitor Information”), to continually improve the quality of our business and our website, as further described below.
1. Personal Information. You may choose to sign up for Daniel | Williams Connect through the Daniel | Williams Site in order to personalize your visit to the Site and to receive certain publications and information from Daniel | Williams. You also may contact us by e-mail through the Daniel | Williams Site. In either case, you may be asked to provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, employer’s name and your title. We use this information in order to provide you with the publications and information you requested and to respond to your comments and questions about our services and this site. We may also use your Personal Information to send you additional information that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. Visitor Information. When you use the Daniel | Williams Site, we may collect certain information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, gather broad demographic information and generate user statistics. The Visitor Information we collect includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your Internet host company (e.g., AOL), your browser software (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer), your software platform (e.g., Windows 2000), the duration of your visit to our site, and the domain (e.g., .COM, .NET, .JP) of the site from which you arrived at our site.
c) With whom we may share your information
1. Personal Information. We will not share your Personal Information (including e-mail address) with any third party except (1) with your consent, (2) when we believe in good faith disclosure is required by law, or (3) to third parties who are providing services to Daniel | Williams as needed to provide such services and subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations. We reserve the right to disclose information about you, including data on which pages you have visited, to third parties if we feel it is necessary to protect the security of our systems, Site, business, users or others.
2. Visitor Information. Visitor Information may be provided to third parties at Daniel | Williams’ discretion so long as the information is not linked to your Personal Information.
3. Transfer of Practice. We may provide and transfer to third parties any or all information regarding the Daniel | Williams Site, including your Personal Information and Visitor Information, in connection with the transfer of all or a portion of Daniel | Williams’ practice, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise.
d) Governing Law
e) Your choices and opting-out
The Daniel | Williams Site provides current subscribers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email from us at any time, to update your email subscription information and to review and request changes to your Personal Information that Daniel | Williams has collected through the Daniel | Williams Site. You may notify us of your opt-out request by phoning us at 877-229-9997 and ask for Kathryn Williams.
f) Security Measures
We use commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information under our control, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. However, please be aware that, despite these efforts, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted or provided through the Daniel | Williams Site. Once we received your transmission, we use appropriate efforts to ensure its security on our systems, but we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time, and such changes will be effective upon posting the amended terms to the Daniel | Williams Site. The date of update is specified at the beginning of these Terms. How to Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms, including the Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org