Daniel | Williams & Associates P.L.L.C
(Updated December 2010)
Welcome, and thank you for visiting www.danielwilliamslaw.com (the “Daniel | Williams Site” or “Site”) which is owned and operated by Daniel | Williams & Associates P.L.L.C.
If you do not agree to these Terms, then your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Daniel | Williams Site.
a) Legal Disclaimers
1. No Legal Advice: The materials on the Daniel | Williams Site are general in nature and are intended only as background materials for informational purposes. They do not constitute legal advice. They may not apply to your specific situation or may be incomplete. Although we may update certain information on the Daniel | Williams Site, some of the information may be outdated. You should not act or rely on any information on the Daniel | Williams Site and should seek the advice of an attorney before taking any action.
2. No Tax Advice (Required Tax Disclosure - Circular 230): Any tax information presented on the Daniel | Williams Site is not intended to constitute a complete analysis of all tax considerations. Internal Revenue Service regulations generally provide that, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal tax penalties, a taxpayer may rely only on formal written opinions meeting specific regulatory requirements. The information presented on the Daniel | Williams Site does not meet those requirements. Accordingly, such information is not intended or written to be used, and a taxpayer cannot use it, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal or other tax penalties or for the purpose of promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters.
3. No Attorney-Client Relationship: Your access to or use of the Daniel | Williams Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Daniel | Williams. If you are not a current client of Daniel | Williams and you communicate with us through the Daniel | Williams Site, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential.
4. Advertising Notice: In some jurisdictions the Daniel | Williams Site and its contents may be considered advertising. Through the Daniel | Williams Site, Daniel | Williams does not seek to be retained by anyone in a state where the Daniel | Williams Site may fail to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
5. Jurisdictional Issues: Daniel | Williams has offices in a number of locations, and no individual Daniel | Williams attorney is admitted to practice in all the locations where we have offices. Please consult the attorney biographies on this site to determine the particular jurisdictions in which individual Daniel | Williams attorneys are licensed to practice. If the State Bar Rules in your jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for the Daniel | Williams Site, Daniel | Williams designates its office in Houston as its principal office and designates Kathrin Williams as the person responsible for the Daniel | Williams Site.
b) Proprietary Rights
1. Our Intellectual Property Rights. The materials on the Daniel | Williams Site, including without limitation any and all text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein, are owned by or licensed to Daniel | Williams, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions.
2. Use of the Daniel | Williams Site. For your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes, and subject to these Terms, you may (a) access and view the Daniel | Williams Site and its materials, and (b) make a limited number of prints, downloads and copies of the documents made available on the Daniel | Williams Site, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices in print outs or downloads on all copies. Any other use (and in particular, any commercial use) of the Daniel | Williams Site or its contents is not permitted. Except as expressly authorized by Daniel | Williams, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Site in whole or in part. You are not permitted to use any automated means of compiling e-mail addresses from the Daniel | Williams Site for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial e mails. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
3. Linking to the Site. You may hyperlink to the home page of the Daniel | Williams Site, but you may not frame or mirror the Daniel | Williams Site or use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” using Daniel | William’s name or trademarks. You must remove any hyperlink to the Daniel | Williams Site upon Daniel | Williams request.
4. Permission Requests. Please contact Daniel | Williams at 877-229-9997 and ask for Kathryn Williams if you wish to request permission to use any materials of the Daniel | Williams Site in a manner not authorized above.
5. Trademarks. DANIEL | WILLIAMS, and other Daniel | Williams logos, service marks and trademarks are trademarks of Daniel | Williams (the "Daniel | Williams Marks"). Without Daniel | Williams prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Daniel | Williams Marks.
c) Registration Obligations.
1. Registration. The Daniel | Williams Site may allow you to register in order to personalize your viewing of content on the site and to receive certain publications from Daniel | Williams. In registering, you agree to provide complete and accurate information about yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username and password.
3. Termination. Daniel | Williams reserves the right to change the Daniel | Williams Site, including its contents, and to block or terminate access to or use of the Daniel | Williams Site, including through usernames and passwords, at any time for any reason and without notice.
d) Third Party Sites.
e) No Warranties.
THE DANIEL | WILLIAMS SITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE DANIEL | WILLIAMS SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. DANIEL | WILLIAMS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE. ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE DANIEL | WILLIAMS SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
f) Limitations of Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DANIEL | WILLIAMS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY OF ANY KIND OR UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify and hold Daniel | Williams, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
These Terms, along with any other terms and policies posted on the Daniel | Williams Site, constitute the entire agreement between you and Daniel | Williams regarding your use of the Daniel | Williams Site and supersedes any prior agreements between you and Daniel | Williams regarding such use, other than any written agreement between you and Daniel | Williams.